In order to arrange your therapeutic support, I need certain information about you.
What information Soulspace will hold about you?
By “information” I mean the personal and health information about you that I collect and store to manage your therapy. It can include but isn’t limited to:
- Information about you and your contact details (e.g. your name, date of birth, home address, phone number and email address).
- Your financial information, where relevant, e.g. details of your payments to us.
- Information about other people who support you, such as an emergency contact.
- Information about your personal life history, events, current career and relationships etc.
Where do I collect information from?
I collect information directly from you. You may give me information in:
- New client forms, emails, letters, phone calls and conversations in therapy sessions.
For this service, I may also get information from other sources who are already involved with your care, either directly on your behalf, or in conjunction with you. This is with your permission;
- Your GP, Health Practice or other Health Practitioner.
Why I need the information and what I use it for.
Data Protection law requires me to have a reason for using your information. For this service, the basis of why I need your information is outlined below.
1. Manage your relationship with Soulspace and deliver high quality therapy based on your unique needs.
I will use your information to manage the service and relationship you have with me, in line with the terms of that arrangement and the rules of my therapy bodies.
Examples of this are keeping written and audio records of the content of our sessions, with your permission. Sending you follow up information to support your therapy, notifying you of changes to your sessions, logistics for 1-2-1 support, emailing therapy support such as hypnosis recordings, sending blog updates, requesting feedback etc.
2. Assessing risk
I have a legal obligation to share information with local authorities, law enforcement agencies or regulators in relation to any risks under adult safeguarding or fraud. In such cases, confidentiality will not be guaranteed.
What are your rights?
You have a legal right to tell me at any time that you don’t want Soulspace to use the information I hold in this way or to withdraw any consent that you have given to me.
How is your information stored and processed?
Information is captured, stored and processed in paperwork and/or typed, audio recordings and saved on my devices (phone and laptop). Paper records are stored in my home therapy room or desk in lounge, and I will keep a file on my computer that may contain notes and completed forms. I will store these for active clients and for those who have not had therapy for over 6 years I will destroy or contact to request permission to continue to hold this information. You can contact me at any time to request your information be destroyed sooner.
Your legal rights in relation to your information?
The law guarantees you rights in relation to your personal information. These are;
- Access to information
- Rectification of information
- Erasure of information
- Portability of information
- Objecting to me using your information
- Restricting some uses of information
You can contact me at any time to discuss how Soulspace holds and uses your information and your rights. email@example.com
Who can I complain to?
In the first instance, please contact me so that I can understand your issue and try and resolve it.